Nationals of the following countries are eligible for the visa exemption program, with duration of stay of up to:
- 90 days: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Poland, Paraguay, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, USA, Vatican City State
- 30 days: Belize, Brunei (except those holding diplomatic or official/service passports), Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Malaysia, Saint Christopher and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Singapore, Thailand (except those holding diplomatic or official/service passports)
Nationals from the following countries applying for visitor visas to the R.O.C. must fulfill the procedure of this section:
- Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cameroon, Gambia, Ghana, India (Identity Certificate), Iraq, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Senegal, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Syria
Please use the link for online application.
Mainland China Residents
For the Mainland China passport holders, it is necessary to apply VISA for entry into Taiwan. Due to the complicated procedures, it is strongly to contact conference secretariat 3 months before the conference date!
Applicable to citizens of India, Vietnam, the Philippines, Indonesia, Myanmar, Cambodia and Lao and the applicant possesses at least one of the following documents issued by Australia, Canada, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, any of the Schengen countries, the United Kingdom, or the United States:
- Valid resident or permanent resident card
- Valid entry visa (may be electronic visa)
- Resident card or visa that has expired less than 10 years prior to the date of arrival in Taiwan
For participants from any other countries, please contact your local consular district for further more help.